Thursday, April 15, 2010

Public officials, private schooling

To follow up on our conversation of public officials who choose to send their kids to private school, Here is a link to SC Senator Mick Mulvaney's stance on public education: http://www.mickmulvaney.com/site/pdf/Education_Issues.pdf.

Yes, he sends his triplets to Catholic school, but I think what we should be looking at when we go to the polls should be his voting record on education and where he stands on the issues. He's up against long-time incumbent John Spratt to represent the 5th district in the US Congress.

I must state my bias here-- my first job out of college was working on Ralph Norman's campaign for Congress in '06 to unseat John Spratt (we lost!) But regardless of your political views, I think it's important that we as citizens and future educators pay attention to the way politicians vote on education issues. These people are making decisions that impact our jobs, our children, and ultimately our society.

1 comment:

George McKnight II said...

I liked your article and see your point of view. Nice Job.