Thursday, April 16, 2009

Other Topic Reflection

Our assessment class has discussed if we should look at a federally run school system. I do not believe that this will ever happen, but it is an interesting idea. We elect these people to make decisions for us regarding our lives, and education is the majority of the first chunk of our lives. A federal school system just has too many gaps in it. More like canyons. The biggest of which I think would be the funding. How would the gov't divide up the budget. I would hope that each student would be worth the same regardless of state, district, or school performance. Other than my beliefs, I don't know how rational or ethical this is. This might be more like a communism type approach, or violate the states individual freedoms. Like I said at the beginning, I do not believe this will ever happen, but it's interesting to ponder. The ultimate question is would it help the system. At this point in the semester, after all of our discussions, I think only more teachers per student and parent awareness can help.

No comments: